Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Rendition on Celibacy

So I decided to try out this celibacy thing a while ago. Back then, my reasons to stop having sex are completely different from why hold my C-card so dear to me.  As I look at all of the people I went to high school with and see how they struggle and complain about their no good baby daddies, I continue to thank God for delivering me out of those potentially bad situations that could have made me one of the bitter baby mommas.  Lots of my peers are choosing to keep their babies and I am not saying I am for abortion BUT if you know you can't take care of a child, ANd the baby's father is no good, AND you don't have an education past high school (if that), I don't see you would want to bring a child into this world...So my next point, if you know you messing with someone who is no good and you expect him to stay around for a child, Think again. If you think a baby is going to make you happy instead, Think again... I am not a mother and don't plan on being for a few years, but I am also taking steps to making sure that I don't end up struggling to take care of a blessing that God has chosen to give to me. Situations like these help me keep my path on the straight and narrow because if someone was to disrespect me by getting me pregnant and deciding they don't want to help take care of the responsibility, I would probably go to jail...Pregnancy is not the only thing to be afraid of when dealing with sexual issues but that is a major factor in keeping me from sexual activities. I know that as long as I am patient, God will bless me with a man who is going to fulfill all my needs and desires plus more, so I will continue to wait because its healthy. It is also a lot less stressful while dealing with a relationship because it doesn't have me worrying about whether or not my man is cheating because frankly, I could care less. I will still  have what I started off with in the end. I know this is scattered but I had to write about it because all these girls are getting pregnant and not taking into consideration all the possible things they can avoid by just waiting for God to send that one man for them. I'm just saying...

1 comment:

  1. I would comment about the whole celibacy business but I will refrain ;o) Meanwhile, you're absolutely correct, all these "babies raising babies" is starting to become problematic and perpetually insane...that's right I said...these chicks is CRAZY *smh* meanwhile, keep letting 'em know, it's not all chocolate and mangoes (or butterflies and ice cream...or whatever it is you like) when it comes to these babies...they are a real responsibility...preach on gyrl!!!

    -j

    ReplyDelete